Today we continue our endless Jetboard Testing tour and visit Aveiro, a beautiful town north of Portugal to meet Pedro Frazão from @usha_emotion – one of the first dealers of Waydoo Flyer ONE efoil in Portugal.
Powered by a robust propulsion system, Waydoo Flyer ONE gives you the ultimate water experience. You can ride anytime and anywhere. Ride on oceans, lakes, rivers to experience the sensation of flying above water.
Our First impressions
(HONEST UNBIASED REVIEW BY MIKE)
- Plug&Play design. Waydoo Flyer ONE is the world’s first cordless electric hydrofoil. The cutting-edge integrated module design enables a super easy and hassle-free set-up. Other efoils are still using cables.
- Affordable price (Almost 2 times cheaper compared to high-end market leading efoils Fliteboard and Liftfoils)
- Waydoo Flyer ONE is extremely lightweight – made of EPA Foam + Aluminum Alloy Frame. Total weight 28 kg including 12 kg battery.
Backed by DJI drone company (Made in China), funded on Kickstarter.
- The company listens to the users’ feedback and improves the product. For example the bag was improved, the board became much smaller compared to the old version etc. It’s a good sign of progress.
- A very noisy, big and inefficient motor with a HUGE propeller makes the efoiling a very noisy experience (comparing to other efoils)
- Great for beginners and casual riders but PPO efoilers may find max speeds of just 25 mph unsatisfying.
Waydoo offers another pro-model called Waydoo Flyer made with carbon fiber and a maximum speed of up to 28mph provided by a robust 7500W motor.
- Shorter riding time compared to other top class efoils. (1 hour vs 1.5 hour). The riding time depends on the winds and the rider weight.
- The screen of the remote control is hard to read during the sunny days and must be improved.
The bottom line – Waydoo Flyer ONE is a great affordable entry-level efoil that will help a lot of people quickly get into the sports of electric hydrofoils and experience the sensation of flying above the water. However if you are a PRO rider looking for maximum performance and high speeds, this board is not for you.
We can compare BWM and Kia. Both cars will drive you well from point A to point B but the experience and comfort will be different. Each efoil price level will find its own buyer and there is room for everyone. A rising tide lifts all boats and the more people get into the new exciting sport of efoiling, the better!
Enjoying my videos? Join me on my mission to spread the word about this exciting new sport of Jet surfing My main blog with news and updates about jet surfing and artificial waves Surfing Nation: Make Your Waves http://jetsurfingnation.com/
My main blog with news and updates about jet surfing and artificial waves Surfing Nation: Make Your Waves http://jetsurfingnation.com/
The new exciting sport is evolving and together, we can be on the edge of the new next-generation surfing technology to test electric jet boards
Follow Mike on social media: